It is widely known that a proper diet and regular exercise can contribute to a healthy heart. But what else can be done for extended care? Dr. Sanjay Kumar, prominent Cardiologist in Faridabad has shared the tried-and-true tips to keep your heart healthy. Implement the below-given activities to your daily life and see the difference.
- Eat right and Say no to Trans fats: Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. All of us need fats in our diets. Choose monounsaturated fats in your diet. Monounsaturated fats are healthy fats found in olive oil, avocados and certain nuts. Trans fat increases your risk of developing heart disease by clogging the arteries. Cutting them from the diet will improve the blood flow throughout the body. Also limit your sugar and salt intake.
- Get enough amount of sleep: Sleep is one most important parts of maintaining a healthy heart. Not getting enough sleep can increase your chances of having cardiovascular disease. As per the survey it is said that people who are above 45 years and sleep for less than 6 hours were at an increased risk of getting a heart attack rather than those who slept for six or more hours. As per Cardiologist in Faridabad – Dr. Sanjay Kumar, you should make it a priority to sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
- Do not sit at one place for too long: It has been suggested that sitting in one place for a longer time is not suitable for your heart. No matter how much exercise you do, sitting for a longer time will increase your risk of deep vein thrombosis.
- Say no to smoking: Smoking also increases blood pressure and the risk of blood clots. People who are exposed to passive smoking or second-hand smoke at the workplace or home have 25-30% more chances of developing heart disease.
- Visit your doctor. Have your doctor check your blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels regularly.
Keeping your heart healthy is important for everyone no matter you are too old or too young. Starting today, begin taking these important steps toward heart health. Dr. Sanjay Kumar has more than 20 years of experience in the field of cardiology and is the best cardiologist in India. To book an appointment with the top cardiologist in Faridbad, please click here. Did you find this blog help helpful, please share your views by commenting below.