Did you know that yoga has cardiovascular benefits as well as meditation and relaxation? Here are some of the heart-healthy benefits of yoga explained by Dr Sanjay Kumar, best Cardiologist in Faridabad:
- Your health can be greatly impacted by emotional stress. When you are stressed, your body releases a hormone called cortisol. When cortisol levels are high, blood pressure rises, putting you at risk for heart disease. By promoting relaxation and controlled breathing techniques, yoga can help you reduce stress.
- You may reduce your risk of heart disease by practicing yoga, which can help improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Yoga can also lower your blood pressure by relaxing your arteries and lowering your stress levels.
- Sleep is essential for heart health. Poor sleep habits may increase blood pressure, according to studies. During yoga, breathing and meditation techniques can help you slow down your heart rate and lower your blood pressure. Meditation and breathing techniques will also help prepare your body for a good night’s sleep.
There are many types of yoga. Some styles focus on relaxation and meditation, while others are fast-paced and designed to help you break a sweat. Best Cardiologist in Faridabad listed below are the different forms of yoga you can choose from:
- Fitness centers often use this type of yoga, which is one of the most popular types. Besides body awareness and breathing exercises, this type of yoga also focuses on meditation.
- Kundalini yoga focuses on spirituality and encourages meditation. Often recommended for stress relief, this style is not physically demanding.
- Ashtanga yoga is one of the most challenging forms of yoga because it is known as the “yoga for warriors”. Ashtanga focuses on strength and flexibility and is ideal for weight loss.
- Bikram Yoga: Similar to hot yoga. During a Bikram yoga session, a room is heated to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. The extreme heat in a room can cause a person to burn as many as 600 calories.
Yoga can be practiced individually or in a group. To determine the best form of yoga for your mind and body, consult with your doctor before taking a yoga class. Dr. Sanjay Kumar is a renowned and one of the best Cardiologists in Faridabad, Haryana to have expertise in Angiography and Angioplasty. He has over two decades of experience and is proficient in both interventional cardiology and electrophysiology