Everybody knows that our heart is the most important part of the body. A hardworking organ that beats over 100,000 times a day, it is essential that your heart beats smoothly at all times. As heart diseases increasing, it becomes even more important to take good care of your hardworking heart, says Dr. Sanjay Kumar, heart specialist in Faridabad.
According to a report India saw 1.7 million deaths around the world due to heart disease. These alarming statistics indicate that cardiovascular disease has become the leading cause of death.
Given the kind of lifestyles we live nowadays -lack of exercise, inactivity, high carb and high-fat diet, and increased stress – more caution is necessary for our cardiovascular system.
The following symptoms and conditions indicate that you should go see a heart specialist right away.
1. If you’re experiencing one or more symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain and discomfort, feelings of intense indigestion, heaviness in your chest, fatigue, and dizziness, you must seek an immediate consultation or treatment from a cardiologist doctor.
2. Some heart problems can be genetic. You have a family history of cardiac issues. Consulting with a cardiologist doctor can help in identifying your risk.
3. You have high blood pressure and cholesterol. High cholesterol and blood pressure levels are the key causes of heart problems.
4. You are inactive and want to take up physical exercise. You have to check your heart health with your doctor if you are above 40 years of age. With the support of a heart specialist in Faridabad, you can draw up a workout plan to make sure your heart stays safe and healthy.
5. You have peripheral artery disease. If you have the arterial disease in the arteries of the leg or the carotid arteries, then you may be suffering from coronary artery disease. In such cases, the intervention of a heart specialist like a cardiac surgeon or heart specialist in Faridabad is recommended.
Known for her pioneering ways, Dr. Sanjay Kumar is India’s best cardiologist whose expertise lies in the treatment and advanced care of heartbeat irregularities. With a rich medical career spanning over two decades as cardiologist in Faridabad, he is currently the Director and Head Department of Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad.